Monday, March 22, 2010

Water Stories from around the world by Tulika Books

This is a Slideshow about the book




    I just heard about this book and The publisher accepted activities related to water.This is a book about water which releases today In Kolkata (Calcutta) today and the release date coincides with the World Water Day (March22). This book is a collection of folktales around the world about water.

I have interacted with many children and askes some questions.
Here are some of them
1) Who owns water?
Ans1- The Hindu Rain God(Indra)
Ans2-The People living on the earth
Ans3-Clouds
Ans4-Water Animals

2) How can we save water?
90% of the answers were "By harvesting rainwater" ant the remaining 10% was by checking for leaking in taps and Making sure all the taps were closed.

3) How is water sad?
Most of the answers were because of Pollution

After this there were some Video's about water, Pictures of Water Pollution,Drawing contest
(Unfortunately the Drawing were taken back by the children to show it to their parents)

LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST WE CALLEN ANY CHILD TO COME FORWARD AND SING A SONG ABOUT WATER

Then a Child came and Sang
'Water water everywere but not a drop to drink'
Even We can understand it
ARE WE GOING TO LEAVE A BARREN, DRY LAND FOR OUR FUTURE GENERATION
?


3 comments:

fredamans said...

This is a fantastic post! I'm going to tweet it!

Anu said...

wonderful post! loved reading this one!

sandhya said...

Really sweet!